If you've landed on this blog by mistake, please follow this link:


www.Florida.PreppersNetwork.com

Please update your bookmarks and the links on your sites.



Join our forum at:


Sunday, November 22, 2009

Easy Mini Greenhouse

Guest Post:

Ultra Micro Greenhouse


This was just an experiment and it worked great for me. I took a plastic juice jug which I have plenty of and made a Ultra Mirco Greenhouse. I just cut the jug in two, placed some compost inside and planted my seeds. Add a little water and put the top half back on, be sure to replace the lid this also it helps to keep the heat and the water inside. I only watered them when I first planted them and that's it. Seeds sprouted in just a few days. Set them in the window sill so they can get some sun and watch them grow. After your sprouts get a few inches high move them into a larger container.

This is a great idea to get a jump start on your Victory Garden. Raising food is a must for any long term survival situation or self sufficent life.

I used what I had on hand at the time which must be practiced in these situations.

for more great articles visit: prepperbook.blogspot.com

3 comments:

Gen-IL Homesteader said...

Well, I had to comment after I saw that this was authored by the Scavenger! How are you, stranger! I've missed your blog very much. Are you now posting here for FL? Hope we hear more from you soon!

APN said...

Scavenger is around, I've chatted with him. I'll see If I can convince him to start posting on Johnson Family Farm again. But no, he's not posting for FL, we are just recycling old information, by his permission, since he's got a lot of good stuff.

Gen-IL Homesteader said...

Bummer! But, yes, try and convince him if you can! I miss his posts. Glad to hear that he's okay.

Florida Preppers Network Est. Jan 17, 2009 All contributed articles owned and protected by their respective authors and protected by their copyright. Florida Preppers Network is a trademark protected by American Preppers Network Inc. All rights reserved. No content or articles may be reproduced without explicit written permission.